Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spinning and Knitting!

I actually spun today! I set out my Babe wheel out on the deck and in between cooking rice and chicken (with some pork simmering in the crock pot as well), I finally started spinning some of the batts I bought from Grittyknits.com a few months back!


Imagine me on that white chair - I can't very well be in two places at the same time!

I spun in some shredded fabric from a beach top I bought while I was in Boracay last year. Boracay is an island resort in the Philippines that boasts many sights and is a place to have fun. The blue and pink top went perfectly well with Natasha's aqua blue fiber and off I went spinning along.


I'd honestly be spinning more if it weren't for the fact that my right calf easily cramps up from treadling on the heavy Babe. The flyer's heavy and so treadling is heavy. Haven't really figured out what's wrong yet - I still have it only as a right treadle since I end up spending more time cursing and fixing the left treadle when it's set up as a DT than actually spinning on it. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

While we're on the topic of spinning, I've been totally honored by an awesome spinner/knitter/artist extraordinaire Cindy of Studioloo who added me on a Time Capsule Fiber Art Panel! I'm known as "caecolamys phavatius velvetinna"! Check out her latest website, Spin In Public!

It being 10 days since I last posted (the horror!), I've actually been spinning some in the midst of making preparations for my son's arrival to the US. I'm constantly amazed to discover that I have TONS of stuff! I need to get them out of the house so I can make room for my son and my 4 wheels! Here are the other two yarns I've spun the last 10 days:


Far Side of the Moon


Lilacs (yet to add in some lavender flowers later)

Guess what?! I've also been knitting! I found some interesting $1.50 yarn at Big Lots and figured it wouldn't hurt to get a pair. I'm currently making a garter stitch scarf and hopefully I'll get done before Fourth of July!

No comments: