Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fiber Diet

It's official...I'm going on a fiber diet.

If I'm to purchase a brand new quality spinning wheel, I have to hold off any fiber purchases. Just the last two days saw the arrival of the following:


This is from Gale's Art on Etsy.


This arrived today all the way from England, complete with customs sticker! These 2 tops are from Shunklies, from Etsy.


I've been spinning like crazy, too. I completed three skeins of yarn using the Louet Julia and my Hitchhiker, which I am getting used to spinning.


From left: Beyond the Realm batt from Copperpot spun and plied on the Julia (I'm loving her!), then in the middle is the Crosspatch Creations Tamany's Prize spun and plied on the HItchhiker. On the right is Crosspatch Creations Little Lassie spun and plied on the Julia.


Meanwhile, this leftover cake from last weekend's double birthday party continues to tempt me from the bowels of my fridge. It's from Portos, a famously delicious bakery in Glendale and Burbank. Evil, evil cake...it shall not defeat me!

No comments: