Monday, April 14, 2008

Funky Red Socks

My second pair of socks is finished! I'm amazed that I never succumbed to the second sock syndrome and stuck to this one till I finished - regardless of its funky design.

They're fraternal twins, if at all, but they do have lots of personality. Weird personality, but they've got character nevertheless. I bought the yarn at Etsy - it's a pretty addictive site, that is, if your paypal account can handle it.


I started casting on Leo's sock in Lana Grossa, but frogged it when I dropped a stitch and found that I didn't have the right size crochet hook to get it right - all my attempts only caused the dropped stitches to go down more rows! So frog it I did.

Now I'm working on Leo's Irish Hiking Scarf in Lamb's Pride Worsted. I thought the color was way too dark and you can barely tell the cables. Almost frogged it, too, but I stuck to it, and it does look great when the light hits it just right. Plus, it feels really good against the skin. Leo's pretty excited about it.

My next project using sock yarn is the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. There are many wonderful BSJ's floating out there in the wired world, and I bet there are tons of lucky babies wearing them, too! There's no baby to give it to just yet, but who cares! It's EZ!

No comments: