Friday, January 18, 2008

Conquering Cables

After tackling my first ever cable with the Irish Hiking Wrist Warmers (I keep calling them "fingerless mitts" for some reason), I started a scarf of my own design using a pattern for Five Rib Braid as featured on Claire Crompton's The Knitter's Bible which I received in the mail a few days ago.

I wish the yarn weren't so bulky. The braids don't really "pop" out the way I'd like them to be, but so far so good...





While cleaning out my stash last night, I found an unfinished basketweave blanket that I had started when Leo broke his leg last year. It was my stress blanket in a way. I knitted that thing while waiting for him do his Physical Therapy treatment three times a week for a couple of months, then taking him to work, as well as while waiting for him outside of work.

I had no intention of finishing it up though. It was some baby yarn that I had bought years ago and it didn't matter if it were neon - I would have knit something with it during those stressful months (I was planning a wedding, too). So I bound it off, then presented it to Truffles - who didn't seem to mind it at all.

No comments: