Monday, December 10, 2007

A New Addition to the Home

We've got a new addition to out little cottage!

She's the bodhissatva of compassion venerated by East Asian Buddhists. I'm not a Buddhist but because I'm a practitioner and teacher of Traditional Thai Massage, I know a bit about Kwan Yin, and love her, and what she represents.

A boddhissatva is someone who elects to stay in the earthly realm even though they're enlightened. Kwan Yin is said to be the female aspect of Avalokitesvara, and being the goddess of compassion, she pours compassion to all from the container she holds in her hands.



Unfortunately, I just discovered 2 cracks since I took her home 2 days ago. I don't know if it happened in the car as I was transporting her, or because I had her stand in front of the bay window the past 2 days. Here's the first crack over her right shoulder...


And here's another one along the middle of her back.


I'm pretty bummed, as she cost me a pretty penny...

No comments: