Friday, December 17, 2010

Finding the Time

Today I got to sneak in a few minutes of carding some fibers and got 2 batts carded in half an hour or so.  Although it could have been longer - sometimes time just flies when we deal with fiber and yarn, right?

Anyway, here are my Autumn Sunshine Batts just carded.

 
 I love these!  They're carded using some farm fiber - merino cross, cotswold locks and some romney thrown in, as well as angelina, firestar, and soysilk for bling.  They are such textured batts, too, as I tried to maintain some of the lock formation as I carded.

I have a few more batts but they need to be photographed again since the previous shots didn't turn out too well.

I love carding and spinning but even with myclass over for the year, I've found that it's difficult to find any free time with DH working long hours and not exactly that enthusiastic to give me 2 - 3 hours to myself after he comes home from work.  And weekends aren't any better either. 

Here's hoping that I'll find more time to do fiber stuff in 2011!

No comments: