Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


First of all, belated Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful relaxing day!  My day was pretty slow - just the way I liked it.  Leo took Lil Sunshine and Truffles over to his parents for a while and that gave me some time to do stuff around the house...like washing dishes and doing a load of laundry.  It was just really nice to have nothing to do for a change though.

Leo helped figure out what was wrong with my wheel.  The screw inside the rod holding the wheel and the footman were loose and so with the right size allen wrench, he tightened it and now it spins like buttah!  I re-plied the bfl/yak blend I received from my Fricke stash and came up with this:


Then I spun up one of my jazzturtle batts into this:


And my final favorite project - my Hobbledehoy batts (which I never got to photograph prior to the spin) came out as this:


Liz's batts are just so divine!  Ultra soft merino with just the right amount of sparkle and a few neps for texture.  I had debated corespinning this one then opted to do a single ply, then in the end, decided to do a 2-ply.  Maybe my next hobbledehoy batt will be corespun.  For now, I totally enjoyed making this into a 2-ply.

No comments: