Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Pair of Hats

A few days ago, while cleaning out my yarn stash, I found a bag filled with unused Lion Brand Homespun yarns of varying colors (mostly blue) back in the day when I was either a) learning how to knit and for some reason, everything I wanted to make was using Homespun or b) for a feather and fan afghan that's been a work in progress for over 2 years now.

Normally I'd post on the local Freecycle board offering free yarn but after the last two times of doing that, I figured that this time I'd keep them for a while and knit some small project here and there in time for the holidays.

So I came up with slouchy hats...the first one is based on Barbara Walker's Wager Welt stitch which is just alternating knit and purl rows to give the yarn some texture.

The next one is a simple blue stockinette stitch slouchy hat that's just screaming for an accessory - like a crocheted flower or something.

1 comment:

Nancy McCarroll said...

After looking at this hat you show, maybe I should substitute alternating rows of knit and purl for the honeycomb beret...still having a heck of a time with it and it is taking FOREVER. :o)