Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One Wicked Hat & One Sneak Attack!

Yup, my first hand-dyed, handspun, handknit FO to share (on second thought, it may not be the first, but definitely still fun!)!

I started with some Sheep Shed Studio mill ends in black and white, which I kettle dyed (just threw in the colors in layers and prayed), then navajo-plied, and finally knit into this hat that I hope isn't too big for Leo's head.

I usually use the Yarn Harlot's notes for knitting generic hats and socks, so this was pretty easy!


In other developments, I was sneak-attacked yesterday from The Handmade Movement (thank you so much, Heather!) and my shop Liz and Leo got its first seven sales (that's what happens when one has too many shops to begin with - but Liz and Leo on etsy has proven to be most representative of Leo's and my my work) so basically my earlier shops are going to fade away soon.

So all in all, it's been a good day! It's been slow for my practice but it works out because I'm helping Matt, my son, get all his stuff together so he can find himself his first job (he's 19) and today we went to DMV so we could get him his drivers, er, identification card. He says he's not driving yet because he doesn't want to be saddled with the expenses tied to owning a car. Good for him!

At least, he's going to look for a job locally so he can take the bus and the metro easily. Thank goodness we live in a central area with transit within a block or two away...

I have to constantly remind myself to be more patient with him since he's only 19 and being raised overseas where he had everyone doing everything for him, coming the US is a huge leap - especially when there are no maids here. Hehehe...heaven knows I need one in this little house as it is to control my fiber and yarn stash that's spilling out of every nook and cranny!

No comments: