Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sit And Spin


A few weeks ago, I eagerly awaited a certain DVD to come in the mail and when it did, I popped it into my DVD player, and together with Leo, who I didn't even have to twist an arm to have him sit with me (he did it willingly - maybe it was the cool songs that emerged from the speakers the moment the DVD started to play...), we both watched the whole thing from beginning to end. Leo was impressed. And most definitely, so was I.

Sit and Spin is a wonderful DVD by Insubordiknit's Jacey Boggs which shows you how to create wonderful novelty art yarns. Jacey is a natural teacher and her knowledge shines through with every technique as she demonstrates coils, wraps, foreign objects, and more. I'm a visual and kinesthetic learner and so having her break down each technique down to their corresponding steps totally appealed to my learning style. After each technique, she allows you time to spin along with spinning tips right on your screen. Perfect for those "let-me-pause-this-and-spin-that" moments...

Here's a sampling of yarns I made during those particular pause-and-spin moments:







Besides being very educational, Sit and Spin is a very engaging and entertaining production. There's even a cool band that plays some pretty cool songs between segments, a perfect way to segue to the next segment without being boring.

But don't take my word for it! Give it a whirl and you'll be sittin' and spinnin' in no time!

No comments: