Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some FO's To Share...

So congested and still waiting for Claritin to kick in, I'm simply posting pics today. My head is so full of cobwebs I can barely type a coherent sentence even...but like I'll let it stop me, right?

Anyway, I got myself pretty busy with my needles the last few days after boxing up the drumcarder for another day.

I finally finished my Darkside Cowl and I'm pretty happy with it. I can't wait to get another one cast on soon!

Handspun Darkside Cowl

Handspun Darkside Cowl

I really like this cowl. It's very simple yet classy and it being handspun makes it even more special. Like my 4 year old-nephew and ringbearer-at-my-wedding would say, "Super Special!!!"

This one was inspired by Jane Bennet, the ever-sweet sister of Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. It's a cowl adapted from the Feather and Fan pattern and handspun from a merino/bamboo blend.

Handspun Feather and Fan Cowl

Feather and Fan is pretty easy and it's one of the first lace patterns I ever tried out after branching out from the usual knit and purl stitches.

I don't remember how much yarn this cowl requires since it's spun from my own handspun and I forgot to measure the yardage as well (bad knitter!). But since you're going to knit in multiples of 18, depending on your yarn weight, yardage ang gauge, it should work with just about any yarn :)

To make this cowl, cast on multiples of 18 (the cowl was 90) and join to form a circle. Place marker and knit 2 rows.

For the third row: (K2tog)3X, *(YO, K1)6X, (K2tog)6X, rep * till you reach the last 6 stitches, then (K2tog)3X.

Next row(4th row): Purl all stitches.

Knit the following rows till you reach your desired length and then end with Row 4. Bind off loosely.

Handspun Feather and Fan Cowl

1 comment:

ulli said...

great knitting & feel better