Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's a Jumbo!

Yesterday, Santa aka UPS dropped off an early Christmas present. It landed at my doorstep and when I opened it (couldn't wait till Christmas eve!), I found myself in the possession of a brand-spanking new Jumbo Flyer and Bobbin from Fricke!

Fricke Flyers


This morning I spent two hours spinning from those batts I carded a few days ago. You really can't see it so much from the photo, but it's probably about fingering-laceweight yarn. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting the jumbo flyer/bobbin because I had originally wanted to spin bulky yarn.

However, there was no better time than today to learn to spin woolen comfortably from the batts. I think I did well. I just need to hand card a few more batts and maybe I can go on for four hours of spinning!

No comments: