Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Knit All These Hats...

...and always forget to wear them!

Last night, Leo and I went to Garden Walk in Anaheim to meet up with Sherri and company at CPK. They had spent their third day at Disneyland and were exhausted and hungry. Or was it hungry and exhausted?

Last night was also the coldest night so far here in L.A. at 30 degrees Farhenheit - and for Angelenos, that is cold!

And as usual, I forgot to bring any of my handknit scarves and hats. And so I was freezing while waiting for the buzzer to let us know that our table was ready. It being Friday night didn't help, but it could have been worse. We could have been in L.A. and the wait would have been an hour, not the 25 minutes it only took us to get our table.

Today Sherri and the gang are probably driving their way out of SoCal back to Sac. And hopefully the traffic isn't as bad as it would be if they left tomorrow.

And while they're driving, Leo and I are staying home, enjoying the weekend. Tomorrow we meet up with the the weekly knitters and spinners of All Things String for a nice round of dimsum, and I can't wait to hear all about Jamie's Mach 1 wheel!
"Next week I shall begin my operations on my hat, on which you know my principal hopes of happiness depend." - Jane Austen

In the meantime, I finally got my trusty Amanda to model the hats I finished the past week. Talk about cheap labor...

Greensleeves Tam

She never complains...and is a great sport.

Greensleeves Tam

This is my favorite so far. It's knit from Paton's Rumor yarn and though it's polyester with a touch of alpaca, I love the drape and the fact that it's chunky - therefore a quick knit.

It only took me three months to finish it. That's what happens when you don't have enough yarn for a project and throw away the ball band the moment you start knitting, and you can't remember the yarn name to buy more.

This next one is from Tweedle Dee in Sagebrush and knit from a cute pattern from Earthfae called Jellyfish Tam. I followed it to the letter, and it is just too small for me (well not that small, but not as comfortable as I'd like) - I've got too much hair that I have to make it longer, so I may just have to frog it if I'm ever feeling ambitious one of these days.

Irish Eyes

Or not.

And finally here's a picture of my antique wheel. I've been thinking of having a flyer made for it, but a part of me is thinking of selling it instead. I'm running out of room in our tiny house and another wheel is coming in next week so I am definitely out of room.

Antique Wheel


Antique Wheel

It's a beautiful wheel. I may put it up on my etsy shop (which is where I purchased it to begin with) tonight and hope it finds a new home.

No comments: