Friday, November 21, 2008

Work Hazard

Today I blended some roving on my hackle. And I mean some roving...

I blended about 8 oz of roving and then some. And now my right hand is hurting like heck!

I should have known better though - I'm a massage therapist for crying out loud and I've been doing this for over 10 years (massage, I mean). Blending on a hackle takes a LOT OF WORK! My thumb and index finger are dead-tired and in pain. I'll post pictures later - can't do any photoshop right now - my hands hurt too much.

Oh well, I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the evening - no spinning or blending anymore. In fact, I really should be studying for my third Physiology exam on Tuesday. There's a lot to study, too. We're covering blood, the heart, the circulatory system and the respiratory system.

Anatomy-wise, this would have been a walk in the park, but not this time. While Anatomy is learning about what things are and where, Physiology is about the hows and the whys. And there's not just memorization required - you need to really understand how and why it works the way it does. At least that's what's required to get a good score in the exams.

Hmmm...that means I gotta get going on my studies. After this semester, I'm taking a break.

I promise.

No comments: