Monday, September 29, 2008

My First Swap


Today I signed up for my first EVAH swap! I've never done anything like this before because after reading all the rules and then later on seeing all the posts, whether someone missed a deadline, or whether someone's swap got to its intended a few days late, or god forbid, you forget all about the swap and get called out as a bad swapper...well, it can be pretty intimidating, that's for sure.

But today after reading the rules for this particular Halloween themed swap, I realized it was just up my alley. Either write a halloween-related story or make some sort of same theme artwork, spin some yarn, insert some goodies and send it off to our swap partner. Easy, I thought, and signed up. I chose to do the artwork one, and granted that I haven't drawn in two years or so - it should be an adventure. After all I draw when I'm stressed out, right, so maybe this will be a no-brainer.

But then I have to consider my partner's likes, dislikes, personality, temperament, favorite stuff, and so on to factor into my swap...well, guess it won't be as easy as I thought after all.

But undeniably, it should be fun...and interesting!

1 comment:

The Gravelcat said...

Liz, I'm just curious, what were you supposed to be swapping? Is this a no-spoilers entry? Hahaha. I'm following this entry until you post pictures!