Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fiber Friday


I spun this yarn for the Ancient Egypt theme using the goddess Isis as my inspiration. I used some wonderful coopworth that Sandy of Homestead Wool and Gift Farm gifted me this week which I crazy carded with some of her random fiber fun and a smidgen of hand-dyed mill-ends. I then spun it while autowrapping with glittery gold thread.

I just loved spinning this yarn! You see, I wanted to be an egyptologist when I was little. I studied the hieroglyphs, history and mythology. I even collected books - yep, I was that weird kid in your block back then

Anyway, Isis is a goddess of ancient Egypt, goddess of fertility and motherhood. She was patron of nature and magic, friend of slaves, sinners, the downtrodden, and, get this...artisans.

She was and is my kind of gal, er, goddess.

1 comment:

primdollie said...

Oh love this yarn and your blog!! lots of fun stuff and I too am a HUGE fan of Sandy's at The Homestead Wool and Gift Farm!! she's the reason and how I learned to spin!! Love her to bits!!! anyway saw your post on the spin list so I'll be back!! love you yarns!!! hugs Linda