Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello Kitty


Originally uploaded by Im_Vandy

Spotted this while browsing Flickr and couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, while watching Bones tonight, I got a glimpse of one of my guilty pleasures - Kynt and Vyxsen from The Amazing Race - the only season I actually watched because of them - unfortunately they didn't win.

Yep, I guess that certifies me as a geek.

This morning, I finally got started plying two bobbins full of blue/gray beast roving with tussah silk. This time I decided to use my jumbo flyer and bobbin but as the bobbin started filling up 2/3 of the way, it got harder to treadle.

I ended up with 396 yards of dk handspun that made me come to the conclusion that a) the jumbo flyer is really not appropriate (at least for me) for plying, and b)I'm gonna need a bigger ball winder.

Blue and Gray

No comments: