Monday, February 16, 2009

Back In The Day...

I used to paint.

Then life happened and I quit. Yesterday I picked up the brush again and started painting.

My canvas was small, so it wasn't a huge undertaking. No long commitments here.

Within a few hours, I was done. And so far, I think it's not bad...


Pansy Drop Spindle


Rose Drop Spindle

The Rose Drop Spindle is destined to go to someone I picked out from a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) group on Ravelry. I discovered it yesterday and before I knew it, I had 3 penpals, and two people to whom I need to send fiber, and a drop spindle and fiber to, respectively.

It was a nice surprise to find the groups and committing to the drop spindle was just the push I needed to finally get all my homemade drop spindles painted. I felt like a kid in kindergarten, given a box full of crayons and given the freedom to paint whatever I wanted!

The only thing I need to do now I spray all of them with a sealer, let dry, and off they'll go to new homes.

No comments: