Sunday, December 2, 2007

Some Yarns to Spin

Last night, we had an awesome gathering at the house. Considering that it was one of the coldest nights of the year, my brother did a wonderful job designing the gazebo with curtains, lights and other wonderful ideas. Leo did a great job in following the design ideas, of course! It was cold, but we did let everyone know to "dress warm" and most of them did.

My hole-y Fair Isle hat was a hit at the dinner party and even my cousin's husband exclaimed, "Beanie!" when he saw it. Now I know what I'm making him for Christmas, too!

During dinner, my friend Lolita explained the "best part of the fish"! So here she's pointing to that special part that she loves - the brain! Not that I can see it at all...

After almost 6 months of waiting, our wedding album is finally complete! This one is going to go to Leo's parents this week. My brother arranged it in iPhoto and had it printed as a coffee table book. Definitely something so special! We've got a few books coming in since we're giving one to my mom, my dad and stepmom as well.

The Prayer Shawl did get to its intended recipient last night as well. Ann lost her father 4 weeks ago and the get together was a welcome-back dinner since she'd been away for the last 5 weeks taking care of family obligations.

Unfortunately, another friend's mother died last night - she'd had complications from a kidney transplant 10 years ago (a bacterial infection) and although her son had taken her to the hospital ER to get the primary care physician who did the transplant, she waited 8 hours just to be seen - which was enough time for the bacterial infection to circulate through her system. Interestingly, as I wrote that, a hummingbird appeared right outside my window by the jade plant (crassula oblongata) - and somehow I know that things will be all right.

2007 has been a very interesting year so far. More people I know (friends, clients and relatives) have lost loved ones this year than any other year that I know of. It's so hard to put into words sometimes how all that loss makes one feel.

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?" - Kahlil Gibran

No comments: