Monday, October 30, 2006

Looming For Beginners

A few days ago, I discovered looming on the web. Well, I didn't actually discover it...I'd heard about loom knitting for years - I just never realized there was a whole movement going on in the net and it's still growing.

Anyway, I got myself a set of Knifty Knitters the other day and Leo has this grand plan of loom knitting everyone a scarf for christmas. Here, he is trying his hand on looming the first scarf using Lion Brand Suede as Truffles looks on.

Meanwhile, I've been trying my hand on crochet. I've crocheted before but for the life of me, I can't remember how I even did it. Of course, who can forget casting on, but unless I start moving on to other things - like single crochet, double crochet, etc., you'll probably find a long long long cast on piece of yarn from here to New York.

So I tried my hand in knitting a tube - something like a dog sweater, but as this is the week where I'm learning so many new things, another thing I've also learned recently was 'frogging' my work. And here, Truffles models the 'thing-that-once-was-a-doggie-sweater-and-now-is-a-skirt". Doesn't she look great?

No comments: